- China could be a white knight for the declining Euro.
- Most of Italy’s debt is held by internal institutions and consumers. Which means there might not be a lot of cotagion if they default. The big question is will they? These purchasers are tapped. Thus, who will be the buyer of last resort?
- US banking stocks have not been performing for a while? Is this a signal that the European debt crisis could be cotagious? Are US banks materially expose?
- The industrial metals are all slowing down (silver, copper, palladium, etc.) due to the perceive weakness in global growth.
- Monsanto (MON) and Sinochem has created a JV to provide seed technologies into China. Monsanto is around US$74. It can rally 50% in 6 months. MON can be looked at a bio-tech play.
- Teck Resources (TCK) is an Asian infrastructure growth play.